Saturday, June 6, 2015

They just don't make 'em like they used to

When my uncle in Texas emailed me that he started making hats and wanted to send me one of his many designs, I didn't hesitate to send him my "yes please" along with my address. After a few weeks, he sent me this vintage style matador hat carefully wrapped and cushioned upon arrival. After much contemplation, and review of the various styles, I decided upon the matador, a favorite of mine. Handmade in the U.S.A. (Texas to be exact), my uncle scouts the many vintage stores, estate sales and other resources in order to find a pristine vintage piece which is then replicated to fit, appear and made with the finest materials, as if you were to hop into a time machine and swoop it off some poor fools head back in the 1960s. Its craftsmanship is impeccable compared to what you'd find in stores today and will undoubtedly last you a lifetime. The saying is true, they just don't make them like they used to. Well with Chieffalo vintage hats, you no longer have to search incessantly all over eBay, etsy and flea markets, (like I do) for that perfect something to top off your outfit is not only custom-made in the U.S.A. to fit your style and head size, but also readily available wherever you are.

Check him out on instagram! chieffalo_vintage_hats







5 comments:

  1. that's awesome! so good to know that love of good vintage clothes spans all generations :)

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so very cute. Reminds me of a hat as I had a child. Except the ribbon was red, not black.


    xoxo Sara
    http://www.RadiumGirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. follow to follow?
    let me know!
    http://defishencia.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing! That shirt is very artsy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, your comments are most appreciated. xo